Sunday, May 21, 2006

Social Bookmarking

Social bookmarking has literally changed the way people bookmark. While there are many great social bookmarking services, they leave a lot to be desired. For that reason, I have been working on a social bookmarking application that is currently in Alpha. There are many cool features of this social bookmarking application about which I will talk in near future. For right now, a user can get their own subdomain where all their bookmarks can be accessed conveniently. For instance, my subdomain featuring my bookmarks is at frank.socialbookmarking.org. Another cool thing is that you can not only post your bookmarks socially, you can also blog about them right from within your control panel.

Obviously, you can share your favorites with your friends and even subscribe to a friend or user's favorites (great to stay in touch via bookmarks ;) )

SocialBookmarking.org is my third project written in Ruby on Rails (Official site of Ruby on Rails).

It's pretty late at night but I promise I will be blogging more about the features of socialbookmarking.org.

Till then stay tuned, or better yet, start bookmarking socially.



Frank

See the definition of social bookmarking at Wikipedia
Also see social bookmarking tools
Things you should know about social bookmarking

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home